Facial Plastic Surgery in Dallas
Facial plastic surgery in Dallas is sought by numerous people living in the northern Texas region, as well as around the world. There are many residents in the Dallas-Fort Worth area interested in facial plastic surgery procedures, and figuring out exactly what type of facial plastic surgery procedure will best meet your cosmetic enhancement needs, as well as finding a qualified cosmetic plastic surgeon in Dallas to perform the desired procedure, is a process that should be considered carefully.
So, if you are looking for information about facial plastic surgery in Dallas, you have come to the right place!
FacialPlasticSurgeryDallas.com is a useful resource compiled by Triple-Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Samuel Lam that will provide the information you are looking for about facial plastic surgery procedures available in the Dallas, Texas area. This resource will briefly explain the various options available when selecting a cosmetic surgery procedure, as well as providing tips for choosing a qualified cosmetic surgeon to perform the desired procedure, providing you with the general information you need to make a more informed decision about whether facial plastic surgery is right for you and how to find a qualified facial plastic surgeon in northern Texas to meet your needs.
When looking to have a cosmetic procedure performed by a facial plastic surgeon in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, there are a few important things to first consider.
What type of facial plastic surgery procedure are you interested in?
The first thing you need to decide is what type of facial plastic surgical procedure you are interested in having performed. Some people opt for a single facial plastic surgery procedure, while others prefer that multiple procedures be performed at the same time. To determine which type of procedure is best for you, it’s a good idea to discuss your options with a qualified facial cosmetic surgeon. Below are some of the most typical facial plastic surgery procedures offered by Dallas plastic surgeons.
- Acne Scar Correction
- Asian Cosmetic Surgery
- Brow Lift
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Eyelid Lift
- Facial Fillers (Botox, Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane)
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Fat Grafting
- Hair Restoration
- Jaw Reduction
- Laser Procedures
- Lip Augmentation
- Lip Reduction
- Malar Reduction
- Mole Removal
- Neck Liposuction
- Otoplasty (Ear Reshaping)
- Reconstructive Facial Surgery
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Skin Resurfacing
What should you look for when choosing a Dallas facial plastic surgeon?
Opting to undergo facial plastic surgery is a big decision. That’s why it’s important to make sure you choose the best plastic surgeon in Dallas that you feel meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a cosmetic surgeon:
- What is their training? Their specialty? Their experience? You should do some research on a doctor’s training, experience and areas of specialty. Every doctor can’t specialize in every type of surgery or procedure, so it’s best to find one that specializes in the type of procedure you are interested in.
- Are they board certified? Board certification requires a great deal of training, education, testing and experience, so it is one way of determining if the doctor is recognized as being expertly skilled in the particular field of medicine that you need.
- What organizations does the doctor belong to? This can give you an indication of where their specialty lies, since many organizations have rigorous standards that must be adhered to in order to be a member. Some also have continuing education requirements.
- Does the doctor lecture? Publish books? Most medical professionals that take the time to research and publish books or that are asked to travel around for speaking engagements do that because they are recognized as experts in a particular field. Of course, it depends on where the doctor speaks or what they publish, but it is easy to do some research to determine if a doctor is recognized as an expert or leader in a particular field or has pioneered a specific procedure.
- How many facial plastic surgery procedures does the doctor perform? The total number of prior procedures performed will give you some indication of the doctor’s experience in the field. However, it is also important to find out how many procedures the doctor performs each day and whether he or she is involved in every procedure or hands some procedures off to other staff members because of overscheduling. Ideally, you should look for a doctor that performs only one procedure a day – yours – so that his or her focus is 100% on you on the day of surgery.
- What is the office like? The staff? The doctor’s manner? A good plastic surgeon in Dallas will not only provide you with the confidence of knowing they are well-qualified and experienced, but they will also make your feel comfortable. Consider the appearance and ambiance of the office, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and how patient-centered the overall environment is. You should feel comfortable talking to the doctor, asking questions and expressing concerns. You should also find out about the facilities in which the surgery is performed, if it is not done within the doctor’s office.
- How convenient is the doctor’s practice? Consider details such as: How easy it is to get an appointment? How accessible is the doctor if you need to ask a question? Where is the office or surgical center located and how easy is it for you to get there?
- Do some research and ask for recommendations. Choosing a Dallas facial cosmetic surgeon is a process that should not be taken lightly. A good place to start is to ask those you know and trust if they have any recommendations. It is also a good idea to do some research about the doctor and the practice to make sure no complaints have been lodged against the doctor and no violations recorded. During research, you can also learn more about education, training, experience, expertise, and more.
- Meet the doctor and go with your gut. Once you’ve done your due diligence, the final step in the process should include meeting with the doctor one on one. This will not only provide the doctor with the chance to get to know your medical history and your interests in relation to having facial plastic surgery performed, but it will also give you a sense of how comfortable you feel with the doctor, whether you have trust in him or her, and whether you feel that he or she is a good personal choice for you. When in doubt, go with your gut instinct (assuming you’ve already done your due diligence).
Dr. Samuel Lam is a Triple-Board Certified Facial Cosmetic Surgeon in Dallas, Texas. His patient-centered facial plastic surgery practice in Plano, Texas, the Lam Facial Plastic Surgery Center, serves residents of Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano and the surrounding counties of Colin, Denton, Kaufman and Rockwall, TX. Dr. Lam is recognized as an expert in the field of facial plastic surgery and has written five major medical textbooks on the subject, as well as over 150 book chapters and scientific papers. He also lectures to colleagues around the globe on various subjects related to facial plastic surgery and has given more than 100 lectures to date. Dr. Lam is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
For more information about facial plastic surgery procedures and finding a highly qualified facial plastic surgeon in Dallas, contact the Lam Facial Plastic Surgery Center in Plano, Texas at 972-312-8188 or 1-888-866-3388 or visit http://lamfacialplastics.com.